Turmeric Rice (nasi kunning)
Author: Peter Prem Chand
- 1½cup long grain basmati (brown rice)
- 2 table spoon virgin coconut oil / olive oil
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 tea spoon organic Turmeric powder
- ½ cup green peas
- 1 medium lemon grass
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 medium diced tomato and cucumber for garnishing
- Method: Heat oil in pot or deep fry pan, add chopped onion, one or two gloves of garlic, one tea spoon of Turmeric powder and cook until it is brown.
- Add ½ tea spoon Himalayan Salt and 2 cups of warn water (not cold water) you are making fresh broth, bring it to boil and keep stiring. Add washed rice and peas stir throughly reduce heat to low, simmer 15 to 20 minutes.
- Now add lemon grass and cinnamon stick and cover.
- Check in after 10 minutes or so until rice is soft and tender.
Enjoy super cooking. Turmeric curcumin helps with chronic inflammation and pain, rheumatoid arthritis, depression, diabetes, cancer, skin and aging, brain health and memory, wonderful anti inflamatory properties, power full antioxidant and has positive effect on glucose control.